Monday, September 5, 2011

Man held for biting pet snake

 Monday, 5 September 2011

A man is in custody after being accused of biting a python in what police in California said was apparently an unprovoked attack on a friend's pet snake. The suspect, David Senk, 54, was arrested on suspicion of unlawfully maiming a reptile, Sacramento police said. The snake was badly injured and needed stitches after surgery to its wounds.

In a jailhouse interview on local TV, Senk said he had no recollection of the incident after blacking out from drinking.

Asked why he might have bitten the snake, Senk replied: "I get drunk, I get crazy. I don't know." Senk said he was "not too fond of snakes [but] I try not to bite them. It's the other way around usually". REUTERS

Man held for biting pet snake - Americas, World - The Independent

And it came to pass….As I mention on my sidebar, a famous quote by Charles Anderson Dana is:

“When a dog bites a man that is not news, but when a man bites a dog that is news.”

It may not be a dog that was bitten, but no one can argue that Charles Anderson Dana has been fully vindicated for his famous quote!